Research - Other Big Companies
Apple
Apple is one of the biggest and most successful brands in the
world. Although this is not electrical related, I feel like I need to know what
makes it so successful and what makes it stand out against it’s main
competitor, Samsung.
Apple is so well known that most people will see their logo
and automatically know what brand it is. Compared with the Samsung logo, Apple
looks more elegant and more upmarket. I think the choice of colours does play a
big role in this comparison, but also the shape of the logos. Apple has a
rounded appearance whereas the Samsung logo appears a bit more harsh and ‘in
your face’ when you compare them side by side.
How do they advertise their products?
As a Samsung user, I personally think that the Apple brand
pulls you in. I believe with their advertisement strategies; simplicity does
prove to be the key in effective advertisement of their brand. They are trying
to come across as more personal and I think this is what draws a lot of its
consumers in. With the Samsung advertising It does look quite cluttered where a
lot is going on in the poster. Samsung do promotional offers and they usually include
such offers in their advertising at the start of a flagship launch. I think
Samsung includes such offers to try and draw people away from Apple as there is
very strong competition. It is possible that Samsung do want to stand out from
Apple by advertising in an opposite way using dark colours and more effects
with imagery but I feel like Apple do have the upper hand with their
advertising tactics which involve simplicity.
I think after my research so far it will be important for me
to look at simple branding which is visually pleasing to look at. It does seem
that simple branding does have an advantage over other sorts.
Other Apple Advertisements
Apple use simple short statements next to an image of the product they are advertising. This is simple, but effective and must have an effect of the amount of people who end up purchasing an apple product.
Website


I feel like their website represents their products. There is a clear brand identity throughout their advertising platforms and I believe this creates a sleek, elegant feel to the brand and conveys trustworthiness and reliability to the consumer.
Volkswagen
Volkswagen, which needs little introduction, was established in 1937 and is one of the most well known car brands in the world.
Volkswagen, which needs little introduction, was established in 1937 and is one of the most well known car brands in the world.
The VW logo is a classic well recognised logo. The logo had started to become increasingly more difficult to see what made the logo good compared to its competitors and other large company logos. To keep up with the times VW decided to re create the logo.
The new logo retains the stacked “VW” structure — which I think would have been brand suicide if they had introduced something completely different — the new logo comes across as quite different. The thin lines transform the look of the logo quite significantly. The logo transformation reminds me of the Lufthansa airline re design.
I think the new VW logo is very different from the old logo and it looks very modern and updated. I believe this is a step in the right direction for Volkswagen as the logo will evolve again in the future.
I believe this is one differentiation between large and small companies. Large companies are constantly evolving their design and marketing strategies to keep up with trends. Most big companies are in constant competition with each other so the evolution of design is a never ending battle.
https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry/volkswagen-unveils-new-branding-part-
company-wide-reboot
https://www.mediapost.com/publications/article/349762/volkswagen-unveils-new-logo.html
https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry/volkswagen-unveils-new-branding-part-
company-wide-reboot
https://www.mediapost.com/publications/article/349762/volkswagen-unveils-new-logo.html
Website, social media and advertisement















Comments
Post a Comment