Logo Design and Development

Concepts and development 






Survey 

My client admired the logo with the lightening bolt but decided to narrow down the designs to 4. I asked them whether they would be happy if I created a survey to let people decide which logo design they like best, to which they agreed. I posted this survey to a local noticeboard group  on Facebook so I could see what logo my clients target audience would  prefer. I gave a short description of the company to help people gain insight as to what sort of service BE Electrical provides. 


Concept 1 






Concept 2






Concept 3 





Concept 4




It seems like concept 2 was the least preferred with concept 4 being the most highly rated. These findings have given my client confidence in the logo design they are going ahead with. the next stage of this process is to bring the design to Illustration and design it digitally.

Designing the logo in Adobe Illustrator

This part of the blog post will follow the design and development of the logo for BE electrical. It was important that I was able to communicate with my client to discuss the progression of the logo. 

Initial Shape of Logo 

Colour Development 

Initially my clients really liked the gold colour on the logo but when I sent them this image via email they decided they liked the design underneath. The colours used for the 'dots' are the colours of different electrical cables electricians use. 


Experimentation of Layout 




Chosen Layout 


Experimentation of Typography 

I emailed the logo design I had so far to my clients and I provided them with different typography options shown below.

My clients decided to go with the font 'Exo 2' in thin for the logo. Below is the end result of the  chosen typeface along with the chosen layout. 


Below are two slight different designs where the lines of the partial circles are slightly thiner to give an aestetic appeal. I decided to see what the logo would look like with a gradient but I felt like it made it look quite outdated. I asked my client which logo they prefered and they preferred the one on the left.



Final Design 






The two designs above are what my client wanted. They wanted a dark grey background with white text and circles. They also wanted the logo to be able to be used on a white background too. 
I feel like the logo represents the company well and adds personality to it. This will now form part of the brand guidelines for the company where the colours can be used throughout the brand. 

Brand Guidelines 


Apparel 


Ultimately, my client wanted the logo on work shirts and work hoodies. The mocks below are what the logo will look like when on the apparel mentioned to me by the client. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Research - Other Local Companies

Research - Local Competitors

Research - The History of Graphic Design