Business Card Design
Business Card Design
The design that my clients most want is that of the business card. It is important I create an effective layout for this design and choose colours wisely. I believe with business cards, simplicity is key for achieving effective design to attract the target audience.
Concepts
I spoke to my client about these concepts via email. He really admired concept 3 and elements from concept 9. I spoke to the client about adding icons next to the contact information to which he agreed. I think this will make the contact information easier to process when you look at the business card. at this point I like the half and half colours on concept 9, I think the yellow could work well on the final design but this could prove different when I come to design it on illustrator.
Concept development on Illustrator
The yellow from the brand guidelines is too bright and interferes with the legibility of the contact information text.
The white here adds balance to the overall design. This could be the design I choose but I will experiment with colour a bit more.
The blue here overpowers the text. I did enlarge the text but this compromises the overall look of the design.
I thought I would experiment with the text and icon colour here, but it does not look right in white.
In the end, I decided that the white looks better on that side of the business card, it makes the text easy to read. I started to experiment with the use of circles on the bottom part of the business card. The inspiration for this came from the circles in the logo. I think it adds a bit more personality rather than it just being plain.
This is the final design of the business card. I decided to include the 'spots' on the back side of the business card as well. I really like the way how they fade on to the from side of the design from the back. I included a dot of yellow on the location symbol to add a more balance to the colour scheme layout.
Final Design
This is my final design for the business card. I emailed the design and mockup to the clients and they are both really happy about the design. I believe that the design is original looking and I have not seen a business card like it. I really think the target audience will be attracted to this business card if they were to choose from other local competitors.










Comments
Post a Comment